The New Jersey Nets really don’t offer that much from a fantasy perspective. While they have two prominent fantasy assets, the problem is that one is a point guard whose wrist may require a dose of caution, and the other is a big man who seems to have something of an allergy to rebounds. The team’s activities during the next window of free agency will ultimately determine its appeal – and the possibility for Kardashian jokes.
PG: Deron Williams, Jordan Farmar, Sundiata Gaines
SG: Anthony Morrow, Marshon Brooks, Stephen Graham, Sasha Vujacic*, Ben Uzoh*, Mario West*
SF: Damion James, Travis Outlaw
PF: Kris Humphries*, Brandan Wright*, Jordan Williams
C: Brook Lopez, Johan Petro, Dan Gadzuric*^
* unrestricted free agent
^ locked into overseas contract with no opt-out clause
Relevant fantasy players and their projected draft positions/per-game stats:
- Deron Williams, PG (Rd. 1): 45% FG, 80% FT, 1.5 Threes, 17.5 Pts, 4.5 Reb, 11 Ast, 1.3 Stl, 3.3 TO
- Brook Lopez, C (Rd. 3): 50% FG, 80% FT, 21 Pts, 7 Reb, 1.5 Ast, 0.5 Stl, 1.5 Blk, 2.5 TO
- Kris Humphries, PF (Rd. 7): 50% FG, 65% FT, 9 Pts, 10 Reb, 1 Ast, 0.5 Stl, 1 Blk, 1.5 TO
- Anthony Morrow, SG/SF (Rd. 11+): 45% FG, 90% FT, 2 Threes, 13.5 Pts, 3 Reb, 1.5 Ast, 0.5 Stl, 1 TO
Most likely to surprise:
Most likely to disappoint:
- Threes: Williams, Morrow
- Blocks: Lopez
Things to consider:
- The health of Williams and Morrow
- How Brooks gets along with Avery Johnson
Team’s statistical NBA ranks from 2010-11:
- Pts: 28th
- FGM: 27th
- FGA: 15th
- FG%: 28th
- FT%: 19th
- 3PTM: 21st
- Reb: T-17th
- Ast: T-19th
- TO: T-12th
- Stl: 30th
- Blk: T-16th
- Pace: 24th
- Offensive Efficiency: 27th
- Defensive Efficiency: 22nd
Throughout the season, be sure to leave your questions, comments, concerns, trade offers, roster problems and more in the comments below.
Follow Jason on Twitter at @fbasketballblog.
Follow Dime on Twitter at @DimeMag.
Become a fan of Dime Magazine on Facebook HERE.