The Phoenix Suns remain an offensive machine in the NBA, which makes the squad likable for fantasy purposes. However, with the face of the franchise is slipping into the sunset as he approaches the deep end of his 30s, it’s time for the emergence of new stars in Arizona. A certain hammer of Polish origin will lead the way for this new movement in Phoenix.
PG: Steve Nash, Aaron Brooks**, Zabian Dowdell
SG: Jared Dudley, Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus
SF: Grant Hill*, Josh Childress
PF: Channing Frye, Hakim Warrick, Markieff Morris, Gani Lawal
C: Marcin Gortat, Robin Lopez, Garrett Siler
* unrestricted free agent
** restricted free agent
Relevant fantasy players and their projected draft positions/per-game stats:
- Marcin Gortat, C (Rd. 4): 55% FG, 70% FT, 15.5 Pts, 11 Reb, 1 Ast, 0.5 Stl, 1.3 Blk, 1.3 TO
- Channing Frye, PF/C (Rd. 4): 44% FG, 80% FT, 2 Threes, 13 Pts, 6.5 Reb, 1.5 Ast, 0.5 Stl, 1 Blk, 1 TO
- Steve Nash, PG (Rd. 5): 50% FG, 90% FT, 1.3 Three, 14 Pts, 3 Reb, 10 Ast, 0.5 Stl, 3.5 TO
- Jared Dudley, SG/SF (Rd. 6): 48% FG, 75% FT, 1.5 Threes, 15 Pts, 5 Reb, 2 Ast, 1.8 Stl, 1.5 TO
- Aaron Brooks, PG (Rd. 13+): 42% FG, 85% FT, 1 Three, 10 Pts, 1 Reb, 4 Ast, 0.5 Stl, 2 TO
- Grant Hill, SF/PF (Rd. 13+): 48% FG, 80% FT, 0.5 Threes, 11 Pts, 4 Reb, 2.5 Ast, 0.7 Stl, 1.5 TO
Most likely to surprise:
Most likely to disappoint:
- Threes: Frye, Dudley
- Steals: Dudley
Things to consider:
- Nash’s health
- The probable buyout of Carter and emergence of Dudley at SG
Team’s statistical NBA ranks from 2010-11:
- Pts: 4th
- FGM: 2nd
- FGA: 7th
- FG%: 7th
- FT%: 18th
- 3PTM: 3rd
- Reb: 23rd
- Ast: 3rd
- TO: T-19th
- Stl: T-25th
- Blk: T-20th
- Pace: 8th
- Offensive Efficiency: 9th
- Defensive Efficiency: 25th
Throughout the season, be sure to leave your questions, comments, concerns, trade offers, roster problems and more in the comments below.
Follow Jason on Twitter at @fbasketballblog.
Follow Dime on Twitter at @DimeMag.
Become a fan of Dime Magazine on Facebook HERE.